To strengthen Wattsight's development team in Oslo (optional location is Arendal), we are searching for backend developers to help us building the systems that our business operates on.
Do you want to build the next generation power market analytics on Google Cloud?
Wattsight was established as a spin-off from Markedskraft this year, one of the early pioneers in portfolio management in the European power market. However, we will continue to serve the European power sector with analysis, data and consulting services. Currently, we are 36 people in total and aim to grow further. Our key task in IT is to ingest data from a wide range of data sources, automate workflows, facilitate that our market models can run when new data is available and build APIs and near real-time data feeds in addition to dashboards that present our data and analysis in web applications.
- Develop systems in the cloud (currently we use Google Cloud) for processing and storing vast amounts of data.
- Close interaction with our quantitative analysis team that builds analytical and machine learning- models on the platform you will be contributing to.
- Build tools to help our analysts with data collection and feeding data to analytical- and machine learning models.
- Build APIs to expose our data to clients, and build tooling to manage our systems and data.
- At least 3 years of professional development experience with Java or Python, preferably experience with both.
- Experience with at least one of the larger cloud vendors (we are using Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases (we use Postgres and Cassandra and are looking at certain cloud services that may help us further)
- Interest in or experience with the operational aspects of keeping cloud services running and monitored is a plus (you will for sure meet Kubernetes and Stackdriver)
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field is preferred.
- Fluency in English is a requirement, proficiency in Norwegian is a plus.
- A positive international working environment characterized by expertise, responsibility, and innovation.
- Professional and personal development in a company experiencing strong growth.
- Central and newly refurbished offices. We will be moving to new and fresh offices in Christian Kroghs gate 16 in September 2018.
- Good pension benefits and insurance plans.
Does that sound like an exciting job to you? Get in touch with Sigve or apply on finn.no.